- Master of Fine Arts in Writing, James A. Michener Center for Writers, The University of Texas at Austin, 2003.
- Bachelor of Arts with Honors in Creative Writing, San Francisco University, 1996.
Introductions, annotations, interpretive notes, historical and biographical information for Simon & Schuster’s Enriched Classics series:
- A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court, Simon & Schuster, 2006.
- Kidnapped, Simon & Schuster, 2006.
- The Prince and the Pauper, Simon & Schuster,
- Mark Twain’s Short Stories, Simon & Schuster, 2004.
- Sense and Sensibility, Simon & Schuster, 2004.
- Pride and Prejudice, Simon & Schuster, 2003.
- Assisted Living (short, 2017)
- First Session (short, 2013)
- The Other Season
- Junk Mail (short, produced in 2007)
- Melody Lounge
- The Diviner
- Hopetown, (IFP Market finalist; American Zoetrope semifinalist)
- Shadow Healer, graphic novel, 2012-2013.
- “Clear Violet,” Monofonus Press, Fall 2011.
- Popular Hallucinations for the Home, Book for MASS and Refraction Arts to accompany paintings by Michael Berryhill, Mira Dancy and Virginia Yount, 2007.
- “Ignite Texas: UT Researchers Turn Vision into Reality,” State of the System, Fall 2011.
- “Reaching New Heights,” State of the System, Fall 2009.
- “Future Forward: Texas’ Emerging Technology Fund,” State of the System, Fall 2009.
- “Jim Lehrer Steps to Success,” Transfer 101, 2009.
- “Nurses in Demand,” State of the System, Fall 2009.
- “UTeach’s Perfect Equation,” State of Tomorrow, Fall 2009.
- “The Cancer Fight: from Hiroshima to Houston with Dr. Ritsuko Kamaki,” State of Tomorrow, 2009.
- “Texas Transfer: From Community College to University,” State of the System, 2008.
- “Leading the Change: Access and Success for Every Student,” University Business, 2007.
- James A. Michener Fellow in Screenwriting and Fiction, 2000–2003.
- IFP Market Emerging Narratives finalist, 2003.
- Texas Parks and Wildlife grant recipient, 2003. Conducted oral histories in Fredericksburg, TX, and surrounding areas for the “Project in Interpreting the Texas Past,” an oral history project at the Sauer-Beckmann Living Farm at Lyndon Baines Johnson State Park. Awarded grant funding of $16,000. Incorporated into books, scripts and website. Developed TEKS lesson plans for grades K–8.
- American Zoetrope semifinalist, 2005.
- National and District ADDY Awards from the American Advertising Federation, 2005 & 2006.
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) National Circle of Excellence Awards, 2008, 2010.
- CASE District IV Awards, 2008, 2009, 2010.
Teaching and Related Professional Experience
- Host, CI Buzz Live! a technology web series with more than 3,000 subscribers; highlights competitive insights for Dell’s global sales teams, 2016–2018.
- Ghostwriter, co-wrote scripts for two HBO series pitches, 2017.
- Producer, ASSISTED LIVING, Zilker Films, 2017.
- Actor, TOWER Documentary, director Keith Maitland, executive producers Luke Wilson and Meredith Vieira, 2017.
- Scriptwriter/Speechwriter, Austin TX, 2003-present. Speeches, educational content, recruitment and training videos, broadcast scripts, marketing and advertising copy for corporate and nonprofit clients, including: Seton Medical Center Williamson, Dell Technologies, Freescale Semiconductor, Simon & Schuster, UT Austin, Texas State University, St. Edward’s University, Educate Texas, Edvance Research, Texas Parks and Wildlife, Texas Department of State Health Services, AARP, and the American Board for Certification of Teacher Excellence.
- Script Consultant and Screener, 2003-present.
- Grant writer for St. David’s Foundation proposal that secured a $5 million gift for a new Master of Science in Nursing (MSN-FNP) program in the School of Nursing at Texas State University, 2012.
- Screenwriting instructor, Veterans Writing Project, Austin, TX, 2012.
- Editor, State of the System magazine, The University of Texas System, Austin, TX, 2008–2010.
- Producer, Chancellor’s Council Symposium. Developed programming for an annual event that gathered more than 1,000 members of the UT System’s most significant supporters each spring. With a budget of $125,000, the symposium is the UT System’s largest fundraising effort. I developed the two-hour program, managed logistics, wrote script for moderator Evan Smith and remarks for presenting executives.
- Writer for strategic communications that advanced the St. Edward’s University $70.3 million capital campaign: A Special Destiny. In FY 2007, 360 individuals became President’s Associates by giving $1,000 or more; 172 donors provided gifts of $25,000 or more; and 87% of faculty and staff members contributed gifts.
- Mentor, GRRL Action, creative writing and performance program designed to empower girls 13 to 16 to find their public voices, Austin, TX, 2009.
- Script Reader, Austin Film Festival, Austin, TX, 2000–2003.
- Contributing editor, American Short Fiction, two-time finalist for the National Magazine Award in Fiction. Reviewed fiction submissions, managed volunteers, edited submissions and worked with new and established writers through revisions. Magazine liaison to agents and publicists and represented ASF at book festivals and literary events.
- Curriculum writer, American Board for Certification of Teacher Excellence, 2006. Developed lesson plans in K–12 English Language Arts for the Passport to Teaching
- Editorial Assistant, Newsweek, San Francisco, CA, 1996–1997.
- Managing editor, Transfer, SF State 1994–1996.
- Malvern Books, 2017
- Fresh Art International interview on NPR, 2013
- Domy Books, Austin, 2011, 2013
- Utter Reading Series, Book People, Austin, 2011
- Museum of Human Achievement, Austin, 2013
- Monofonus Press event, Café Mundi, Austin, 2011