I wrote the introductions and developed critical study materials for Simon & Schuster’s Enriched Classics editions of Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Mark Twain’s Short Stories, The Prince and the Pauper, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court, and Kidnapped. This series provides readers with a wealth of information to aid understanding and future study, including:
- Author introduction and chronology of life and work
- Timeline of significant events for historical context
- Outline of key themes and plot points to help guide a reader’s own interpretations
- Detailed explanatory notes and critical analysis, including contemporary and modern perspectives on the work
- Discussion questions to promote classroom and book group interaction
- Recommended related books and films to broaden a reader’s experience.
Categories: News & Events